Bobcat Skid-Steer Loader Performance Feature Explanations
Bobcat skid-steer loader performance features include a range of specific features that increase the performance of our loaders. Features like 2-speed travel, loader control, comfort features, excellent weight balance and more come together to make Bobcat loaders extra productive. Skid steer loader performance features take your loader through all four New England seasons and power the machine through snow and throughout the growing season. Learn more about the wide range of features that come together to make Bobcat loaders the most productive on the market.
Bobcat® loaders consistently meet your high expectations for performance. The design, balance and weight distribution deliver more usable horsepower, powerful breakout forces and faster cycle times. Work quicker, lift more and outperform your competition.
- Powerful Breakout Forces – High-efficiency hydraulic pumps deliver more power matched to demand and providing better breakout forces. Aids in pushing and lifting.
- Faster Cycle Times – Hydraulic pumps in Bobcat loaders are matched to cylinder size and loader lift capacity to provide fast cycle times that help you get the job done faster.
- High-Flow Hydraulics – With a powerful standard flow, Bobcat loaders are ready for demanding tasks. An optional high flow system delivers even more hydraulic. It’s best for attachments such as the flail cutter, trencher, planer and stump grinder.
Selectable Joystick Control (SJC)
- Speed Management – With speed management, you can adjust your travel speed independently from your engine speed.
- Horsepower Management – Horsepower management automatically matches engine torque to the workload. If you work in challenging conditions and your engine rpm starts to slow, horsepower management automatically adjusts to minimize stalling.This feature can be turned of if desired.
- Steering Drift Compensation – Steering drift compensation keeps your loader on a straight path when you operate on surfaces that cause the loader to gradually drift to the left or right, such as gradual slopes or crowned roads and as you side-shift certain attachments, such as a planer or trencher, that tend to pull the machine to one side.
- Drive Response – Drive response mode allows you to choose how the drive responds to joystick movement. Three different settings put you in control: Choose a higher mode for quicker drive response. Select a lower drive mode for smooth, responsive operation.
Superior Lift Arm
- Two Lift Path Options – With two lift path options, Bobcat® skid-steer loaders have you covered. Vertical lift path machines provide more reach at full lift height, while radius lift path models offer maximum reach at truck bed height. The durable and patented single-plane design reduces side-to-side lift arm movement and minimizes load on the pins.
- How It Works – Lift arms on Bobcat® loaders keep every pin at each pivot point within the same plane. Additionally, the pins are supported on both sides vs. just one side (cantilever design) that you’ll see in other machines. The result is that Bobcat loader lift arms have less lateral deflection (side-to-side lift arm movement) and reduced load on the pins themselves. It results in less wear and prevents unwanted spillage of material. Additionally hoses are routed through the loader arms and frame uprights to minimize potential snag points.
Two Travel Speeds
- The 2-Speed travel option boosts your top travel speed by as much as 57 percent. Reduce your travel time across jobsites, limit the need to load and unload your machine on a trailer, and shorten your long-haul tasks.
- Deluxe Instrumentation brings upgraded communication, monitoring, productivity and control to your Bobcat® skid-steer loader or compact track loader. It monitors key loader functions, communicates alerts and provides additional attachment information to track usage.
- Features Operation Data, Password Protected Keyless Start, Functional Lockouts, Attachment Operation Information, Maintenance Reminders and more!
- Efficient Cooling – Bobcat loaders have a patented cooling system that draws cool, clean air from above the engine and forces it out two side vents. This design keeps hot air away from the operator, cools more efficiently, and keeps engine components cleaner.
- Reversing Fan – Developed for dusty and light-material applications, the optional reversing fan gives you the ability to keep the radiator area cleaner for longer.
- Quieter Operation – Up to 30 percent quieter than ordinary cooling fans, the hydraulically powered SmartFAN senses the temperature of the machine and only turns as fast as needed.
- Protected Cooling Location – The Bobcat radiator and hydraulic oil cooler are well protected between the frame uprights, above the engine. This also leaves the rear of the engine freely accessible for daily maintenance checks.